19991008: Plotting NIDS National Composites

Gempak is capable of viewing the National composites that are available
on the IDD WSI data stream (2km, 8km) as well as the MDR AREA files that
are broadcast on the IDD MCIDAS data stream. If you use these within
the text interface programs, you would use PROJ=rad and PROJ=sat
respectively. NSAT and Garp can display these images as well.

NWS has posted composite radar images on their WWW pages that
are their own product in AREA files. Perhaps this
is the source. Can you determine if it is an AREA file?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport