19991007: ACARS pqact.conf and scouring

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>
>I'm ingesting and displaying the ACARS data, but I'm not sure if my
>pqact.conf entry is set the way it should be, and I know none of the data
>are being scoured.  This is my pqact.conf entry:
>
>PCWS   ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\.([0-9]+)\..*   FILE    -close
>/export/data/ldm/gempak/acars/\1.acars
>
>Can you tell me what to edit to scour the data, after say, 24 hours ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   http://www.mscd.edu/~eas         http://clem.mscd.edu/~rockwooa

Tony,
Your action above is just filing the netcdf data to disk.
To use the dcacars decoder from pqact.conf to decode the data into
a gempak file, I show the pqact.conf example at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/examples/ACARS/

eg:
PCWS    ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC
        PIPE    -close  dcacars -l data/gempak/logs/dcacars.log -b 30
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/tables
        data/gempak/acars/YYYYMMDDHHNN_acars.gem

use the appropriate path to your GEMTBL directory in the invocation above.

To scour the data, edit the ~ldm/etc/scour.conf file and add a line:
~ldm/data/gempak/acars          1

That will tell the scour program to scour the gempak/acars directory to 1 day.
I assume you are running "scour" from your ldm cron.

Steve Chiswell