19990914: SHEF pqact entry

Art,

I believe that shefstns.tbl only has stations through G....
(COMET had a 3700 station table limit) so that is probably the
problem with only getting stations part of the way through the alphabet.

There should be a table in $NAWIPS/comet/dcshef/shef_ncdc.tbl.orig that
has 9915 stations (through the letter Z.....). Our version defines the
maximum number of stations as 9800.

I have another table I use for Colorado in $GEMTBL/stns/shefstns_unidata.tbl
that has 4236 stations for just our area - so there are far greater than
the 9,800 station table limit. My problem is tracking down many of the locations
for shef sites without a true master list from the weather service.

In terms of shef patterns, we added the pil identifiers, so it might be
easier to use a pattern line that matches on the /pRR...
for the pil that you need.

Steve Chiswell