19990804: gdbiint

>From: Brett Newkirk <address@hidden>

>Steve:
>       I am have not used the gbuddy system. Where do I put the file and
>what is the password?
>       I am sorry I changed the model from AVN to ETA. But I tried to
>recreate the problem with the AVN (because I wanted to be sure I know what
>I did from a few weeks ago) but I now get a GDVINT -15 error (no message
>with it). Does this have something to do with exceeding the points on the
>grid (I set GAREA=grid)?
>Nevertheless, the ETA104 grid I used contained only the 00Z grids (522
>grids) so I would not exceed the MAXGRD=3000 criteria.
>       So if you could let me know the passwork and the site I will get
>the eta file over to you. Thanks much--
>Brett
>Brett Newkirk    E-MAIL: address@hidden
>Office: ATG 424  Atmospheric Science/Geophysics Building
>Mailing Address: Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington
>                 Box 351640
>                 Seattle, WA 98195-1640
>Office Phone: (206) 685-2183

Brett,

Looking at the $GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/gdvint/vgopen.f source, the
-15 error can be caused by the output grid file possesing a different
grid projection and/or projection angles than the input file- eg
trying to output to a lcc projection if the input is ced, or if
the proj = lcc/25;-90;25 and the output was to lcc with different angles.

To get to our ftp account, use the following:
machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
login: gbuddy
password: XXXXXX

once connected, you can cd to the incoming directory and upload your files.

Steve Chiswell