19990617: stations file for model vertical profile in GARP

>From: weather <address@hidden>

>What stations table does the model vertical profile use in Garp?
>I would like to be able to add some stations.
>
>Thanks
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

When gdcross looks for station locations referenced in CXSTNS,
it calls $GEMPAKHOME/src/gemlib/lcfloc.f which checks in order:

sfstns.tbl
snstns.tbl
snworld.tbl

since I maintain sfmetar_sa.tbl for the realtime metar decoding,
and sfworld.tbl for the largest database, the best way to ensure
a station is found globally is probably to move sfstns.tbl out of the
way and create a link from sfworld.tbl to that, or create your own
sfstns.tbl file in your home or work directory. Gempak searches
$GEMTBL/stns last.

Steve Chiswell