19990621: gempak subroutines

Mike,

The gemlib subroutines are contained withing the
$NAWIPS/lib/xxx/gemlib.a library.

To link a program which uses the gemlib routines to
open a gempak file, read data, etc. you would use something like:

f77 -o myprog myprog.f $GEMLIB/gemlib.a

The gemlib.a file contains everything from $GEMPAKHOME/src/gemlib

The other libraries contain the display and device drivers
and gplt routines which you may not need depending on your application.

If you are trying to write a program that opens an xw display and uses the
gempak drawing and mapping commands to plot your data, then you will need
to add those libraries to the link line. I can help you
get those in the right order if needed.

Since the gemlib.a routines are already compiled, you don't need
to include anything, unless your fortran program is trying to
access values they are manipulating in one of their common blocks.

Steve