1999618: 19990528: BUFR decoder

Kevin,

cat NMCWPDERL.990503.142432 | dcprof -p $GEMTBL/pack/profiler.pack \
        -d - \
        -s $GEMTBL/profiler_fsl.stn \
        $GEMTBL/grid/tableb $GEMTBL/grid/tabled YYMMDD_pro.gem

I added the -d flag above to write any error messages back to the screen.
This may tell you why the file isn't created - for exmaple, if you
don't have the GEMTBL directory available etc.

Since your files aren't from the IDD, they may not have WMO headers- which could
be a problem also. If you still have problems, please send me a data file so I
can
see how its compares to the BUFR files that are broadcast on FOS/NOAAport.
Alternatively, you may be able to get the NetCDF format files from the
MCIDAS dta stream archive.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport