19990603: creating satellite animation from gifs

>From: address@hidden

>The script to create satellite animation from gifs refers to the package
>pmbplus but does not say where to obtain this software.  Where can I
>get it?
>
>Donna Tucker                      http://chinook.phsx.ukans.edu/tucker.html
>address@hidden      Department of Physics and Astronomy
>(785) 864-4738 (new area code!)    University of Kansas
>(785) 864-5262 (fax)               Lawrence, KS  66045-2151

Donna,

You can download pbmplus from many sites, including:
http://www.acme.com/software/pbmplus/

I'll have to double check what script you are refering to. I currently use
ImageMagick (ftp://ftp.wizards.dupont.com/pub/ImageMagick/ImageMagick.html)
to create my www page animaged loops like:

convert -loop 10 -delay 1 file1.gif ... file3.gif -delay 200 fileN.gif
ltgloop.gif

The convert program in ImageMagick allows specifying the delay between
frames as well as the number of times the loop will run. In the above
usage, there will be a 1 ms pause on each frame followed by a longer 200 ms
pause on the last from.

Steve Chiswell