19990424: Licensing Request (Forms submission)

>From: address@hidden (Neil R. Smith)

Neil,

>I, Neil R. Smith, request your consideration of my institution's membership
>in the Unidata community. Thank you.
>
>Name: Neil R. Smith
>E-mail: address@hidden
>Institution: Texas A&M University, College Station
>Department: Meteorologyq
>Street address: 1204 Eller O&M Bldg.
>City: College Station
>State: Texas
>ZIP or Country code: 77843
>Country: USA
>Phone: (409)845-6272
>
>Contracts Officer: Jerry Guynes
>E-mail: address@hidden
>Phone: (409)845-7447
>Street address: 1204 Eller O&M Bldg.
>Rest of address same as above.
>
>We plan to use the following package(s):
>GEMPAK
>LDM
>LDM-McIDAS
>netCDF
>WXP

Texas A&M is already a fully licensed Unidata participant.

This afternoon I saw from your message to the gembud email list that
what you are really after is the access information for the latest
GEMPAK release.  Here is the information you need:

machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user: gbuddy
pass: XXXXXX

To answer your final query to the gembud email list:

"Is it appropriate for me to ask for the gbuddy passwd via this email list?"

It is not appropriate to ask other users for login information to
Unidata-maintained FTP accounts.  In your case there would be no harm,
but I could envision a non-licensed site requesting and getting
information like this from trusting members of the list.  This would
force us to change the access information to the account(s), and it
would disrupt everyone involved.  I hope that you understand...

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Mon Apr 26 09:33:49 1999
Thanks, Tom.
No problem; I fully understand.  I even attended the LDM,etc training
seminars in Boulder recently, but couldn't remember the details
about GEMPAK.  Steve Chiswell has also responded to say he will
update his records as to who is our site representative; me.
Thanks again,
-Neil
--
Neil R. Smith, Sys. Admin.                  address@hidden
Dept. Meteorology, Texas A&M Univ.          409/845-6272