19990413: MDR colors

Tom,
Depending on when you ftp'd your GEMPAK distribution, you may
already have this, but otherwise its really quick-

Save the folloing lines in a file $GEMTBL/luts/mdr.tbl

! mdr.tbl
!
! MDR table for Unidata/Wisconsin images AREA020x
!
!Color name    Abrev   Red  Green   Blue  X color name
                         0      0      0
                         0    255      0
                         0    128      0
                         0    255    255
                       255    255      0
                       255      0      0
                       128      0      0
                       255    255    255

By default, when you open one of the MDR images, the colors will be gray,
but you can specify LUTFIL=mdr.tbl in the commandline gempak programs
to use the colors above.

If you use GARP, then you can add the mdr.tbl entry to the Garp
$GARPHOME/tables/sat_enhance.tbl file, and the MDR directory
entry to the "sat" key in $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults.

Again, I may alreay have this in your version of Gempak since
Maureen seemed to keep up with the patches I provided.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport