19990413: radar data/maps

Tom,

Gempak and McIDAS can view the hourly composite MDR radar plot
in te Unidata/Wisconsin data stream. They are in the AREA020x files.
All you need to do is create a color table entry for the 6 vip levels-
I can help you get that set up. The MDR is 40km resolution.
Neither Gempak or McIDAS have the capability for using the 12km RCM messages
in the NOAAport data stream at this time.

The WSI NIDS images are 1km for a single site, and a 2km nowrad
composite is also available (the pricing info for those services
is on our WWW page).

Steve CHiswell
Unidata User SUpport