RE: 19990308: Corrupt NGM data?

Steve,

I think I found the fix to the segmentation faults, but can't explain why it
works.  The problem seems to lie in the Garp_defaults file, under the
section where modelkeys and modellables are defined.  The problem is that if
I list modelkeys as "ngm,eta,thin,... etc" and then run garp, everything
works fine except the eta model data.  None of the defaults that I set for
eta (MapProjection, MapGarea) are picked up.  Trying to run the MSLPress_mb
function for eta
results in messages saying "GEMPAK:  [DG -7] PMSL ^dtg @0 %NONE in SM9S"
instead of converting the PMSL to EMSL.  All other models seem fine.  If on
the other hand, I switch the modelkeys for eta to read eta.gem, it functions
properly.  Because of that, I had all the modelkeys set with the .gem
appended and that was creating problems opening the NGM.  I have the default
widget for model set to ngm, and if I tried to run the ngm first in Model
Plan View, segmentation faults occurred.  If I selected eta, then reset back
to ngm, it worked fine.  At any rate, I have the eta modelkey now set to
eta.gem and the whole program works fine.

MSgt Peter J. Rahe
Superintendent, Meteorology Lab Operations
Air Force Institute of Technology
Wright-Patterson AFB OH
e-mail  <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden or
<mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden
DSN 785-3636 x4646  COMM (937) 255-3636 x4646