19990310: Info about N-AWIPS

Louis,

Peggy Bruehl no longer works for the NWS, nor is located at COMET,
so that would be a black hole for email.

The previous location all non-university requests were forwarded to
was COSMIC at the University of Ga. I assume this is the route
which lead you to the nttc.edu address, since UGA is not hosting
COSMIC anymore. Since our license agreement with the developers of
GEMPAK/N-AWIPS prohibits us from redistributing to Non-universities, we
have always referred those interests to COSMIC.

At this point, I do not know what plans NASA has for re-establishing
COSMIC for distributing the software.

Current development of N-AWIPS takes place at NCEP. As far as I know,
there is no other mechanism for commercial distribution of NAWIPS.

Dr. Steve Chiswell
Unidata/UCAR
address@hidden