19990131: hemispheric grids in GEMPAK/GARP

Gary,

I am looking at the 500mb heights and surface pressure grids
from the avn thinned grids in both gdcntr and Garp 2.01 and don't
see any line breaks in the contour field around 30W which is the
wrap point for the thinned grids. The thinned grids are in 8
pieces and get stitched together in the gempak grid file by dcgrib.
I also looked at the f084 500mb height for the MRF and that looks OK to.

If you can post a few gifs, that would help me see what you are looking at.
I may need to look at the same grid file you are looking at too.
If you can post that to ~gbuddy/incoming that might be useful.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support