19990121: xildoff problems in building GEMPAK

Garry,

The Sparcworks compilers should be in /opt/SUNWSpro/bin,
and this should be in front of any directories in
your path that might have "cc" (such as /bin/cc).
In that directory, you should have "cc" and "f77" if
those compilers are installed on your system.

If you do not have the Sun fortran compiler installed,
you will need that to build the distribution. Most
universities have campus licenses for the compilers.

Without compilers, you will not be able to build the
distribution, and the only solution would be to
obtain a binary distribution from us.

Since your c compiler did not recognize the -xildoff
flag, it is possible that you were not using the correct
C compiler because the SPARCworks directory was not in
your path. The /bin/cc compiler is not an ansi compatible
compiler, and therefore will not work.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support