19990121: missing data...

>From: Maureen Ballard <address@hidden>

>Once again we are finding that we occasionally miss data. Yesterday
>(1/20/99) the last time stamp we got for the surface data in GEMPAK was
>19:47 local time (Eastern). Granted the new file should begin at 7
>Eastern (0Z), but it seems that the last time we had problems receiving
>data the same thing happened.

Actually, reports from 2345Z through 0044Z are stored as 00Z observations
(thus you should see the next day file storing 00Z data before 00Z)
since most surface observations are taken before the top of the hour.

>Bottom line is that we are not receiving the all the data each hour.
>Last time I wrote Don said that they were missing some data on the
>McIdas stuff but not all of the same stuff I was missing thus it may be
>a problem with dchourly. Any ideas?

I need some more information on what you think you are missing
since I have no idea what exactly you are pointing to.

If you are storing both the raw observations, as well as decoding
the data with dchrly, and you are seeing the raw observations
not stored in the decoded file, then we need to see why that is happening.

Any raw files, as well as your decoded file would help, as well
as specific stations you can point to.

>If you want a copy of any files from here, just let me know - didn't
>want to send lots of stuff you didn't need.
>
>Thanks
>
>Maureen

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support