19990120: NAWIPS installation problem

Dave,
The options to your tar command should have a space before the "-".
.
The line should read:
gunzip -c gempak54upc_pl8.tar.gz | tar xvf -

The tar command says to "x" extract in "v" verbose mode the
"f" file name which follows...and "-" says that the file is standard
input...which is the output from the gunzip command.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support