1999120: dcncprof problems

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>I have been exercising GEMPAK thoroughly.  I turned on all
>of the pqact.conf entries and found an error with the FSL2
>profiler data, dcncprof could not be found.  I looked
>in $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge and found that all of the
>decoders had been made except for dcncprof.  I tried
>doing a make in that directory and came up netcdf.h could
>not be found.  I copied netcdf.h over from /usr/local/netcdf-3.4
>and changed the code on each .c file that had an include of
>it to include "netcdf.h". I got further this time, but got
>error opening /upc/netcdf/lib/libcdfnet.a..well I don't
>have a /upc directory.  What variable do I need to define
>to point it to /usr/local/netcdf-3.4, or am I doing something
>else wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

Dcncprof is not made by default since it relies on having netcdf
installed.

Since you have NetCDF installed, instead of trying to copy over
header files etc, you can defile the locations of your netCDF
library and include files in the NETCDFLIB and NETCDFINC variables under
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.common.

(you will find that is whete the /upc/netcdf strings are being found
right now).

After doing that, the Makefile will use the appropriate -I and -L
compiler flags for the include and library files.

Steve Chiswell