19990119: gempak on x86

Frank,

The X86 distribution was a binary distribution, already built-
you do not have to run make to build the distribution.

The binary distribution includes the executables, tables, and
parameter tables needed to run GEMPAK and the N-AWIPS GUIs.

Once you have set the NAWIPS path in the Gemenviron script, and in your
csh run "source Gemenviron", the paths of the executable directory
(eg $NAWIPS/bin/x86) is added to your path and the appropriate
environmental variables for GEMERR, GEMTBL, GEMPRM etc. are set.

The libF77.so library was provided in the download directory since many
x86 users do not have the fortran compiler and shareable library
that the GEMPAK executables rely on. If you do not have the Fortran compiler
installed on your system, you will need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environmental variable so that your system can find the provided library.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support