19990115: FW: Model data file format conversion

Steve,

Peggy Bruehl passed the following question from you on to
me since she is no longer with COMET, not involved with
GEMPAK.

To find archived grib data, you might want to try the
address@hidden email list from our list server.

We do not have a GEMPAK back to grib converter, and in general,
grib format requires some information that is not decoded and stored
by most decoders, so going backwards is always a tricky proposition.

NCEP posts some code on their FTP server which you could use
with the GEMPAK output to produce a WXP file. The NCEP code
can be found at:
ftp://nic.fb4.noaa.gov/pub/nws/nmc/codes/grib/encode.f

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support
address@hidden