19990115: xildoff problems in building GEMPAK

>From: GH <address@hidden>

>I have gotten this error when trying to compile gempak coud you help ?
>

>Making all in /unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4
>-n making in
>/unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/source
>Making all in /unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/source/nxmlib
>cc -xildoff -O -DUNDERSCORE -DSunOS  -c -I/usr/openwin/include
>-I/usr/dt/include NuiColorInit.c
>cc: Warning: illegal option -xildoff
>cc: acomp failed for NuiColorInit.c
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>`/unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/lib/sol/Nxmlib.a(NuiColorInit.o)'
>Current working directory /unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/source/nxmlib
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
>Current working directory /unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/source
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
>Current working directory /unidata/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Your compiler version is very old, and is complaining
about the -xildoff flag which is supported with the SC4.x compilers.
It is also possible that you are not using the cc compiler found in
/opt/SUNWspro/bin (instead you might have /bin/cc or gnu).
Ensure you are using SUN's C compiler and make programs by
setting your path with /opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin in
front of any other directories you might have C compilers in.

If you are using an outdated SC3.x compiler instead of SC4.x,
you will need to edit the $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.sol configuration file
and remove the -xildoff option from the list of flags for COPT, FOPT and
LDFLAGS, eg:
COPT = -O -DUNDERSCORE -D$(OS)
FOPT = -O
LDFLAGS =

Once you edit out the -xildoff flag, you should be able to resume the
make by:
cd $NAWIPS
make all

Steve Chiswell