19990115: GARP question

>From: Robert Ballentine <address@hidden>

>Support/Steve Chiswell
>  I am running GARP 1.04 and gempak5.4 under HP-UX10.20.  I would like to
>know if there is a reasonably simple way to change the default plot for
>6-HR precipitation (in the model plan projection) from color fill to contour.
>Also, I would like to change the default plot for Fahrenheit temperature to
>contour.  I suspect there is a way to change Garp_defaults, but I don't see
>where to make the change.
>   Thanks,
>   Bob Ballentine

Bob,

all of the defaults for a given function to plotpt are defined in the FDF's
which are found under the $GARPHOME directory. You can modify these
to your needs, and preferences. Thhe garp html pages with v2.01 describe
all the fields of the fdf, but for the mostpart, are pretty intuitive
since they resemble the parameter definitions in the command line invocations.

Steve Chiswell