[CONDUIT #MVT-279598]: IDD survey CONDUIT data stream chart error?

Hi Steve,

re:
> More info...
>
> On swamp, I have just one request line for gfs products:
>
> REQUEST CONDUIT "gfs*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

OK.  Quick comment: the '*' after 'gfs' is not needed.  The following
REQUEST will do the same thing and be more efficient:

REQUEST CONDUIT "gfs" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

re:
> I added the 2.5 gfs to the pqact.conf in addition to the .5deg
> and 1.0deg, to make sure I was "maximizing" that single pull.

By maximizing, I assume you mean that you want to be processing
all of the GFS data that is being received.  True?

re:
> I found that we are pulling 5.0GB.hr - same as a few days ago
> with just the .5deg and 1.0deg.  So that is what I reported in
> the survey.

OK.

re:
> So if I wanted to increase that rate, I would need to split up
> the request, right?

No.  The reason to split the feed REQUEST into multiple, non-overlapping
REQUESTs is to decrease latencies, not to increase the volume of data
that is being REQUESTed.

If your machine is rfd.atmos.colostate.edu, then I can say that the
CONDUIT latencies you are experiencing are good (meaning low):

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  Data -> IDD Operational Status
  http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/rtstats/

    Statistics by Host
    http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

      rfd.atmos.colostate.edu [6.11.6]

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?rfd.atmos.colostate.edu

The latencies in your CONDUIT reception look good:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+rfd.atmos.colostate.edu

This means that you do not need to split your single REQUEST into multiple,
non-overlapping
REQUESTs.

re:
> It seems like that is what I would need to
> do, in order to get the .25deg gfs in a timely manor - perhaps
> split theat request by forecast period ranges.

You may or may not need to split your REQUEST if/when the 0.25 degree data is
added
to CONDUIT; the CONDUIT latency plot will show if splitting is warranted.

re:
> Thanks again!

No worries.

Ticket ID: MVT-279598