[CONDUIT #ZDP-578360]: Will UIllinois be capable of relaying 0.25 degree GFS data in CONDUIT?

Hi David,

re:
> I've got a spare server picked out and am ordering RAM and a 10G network
> card for it.

Excellent!

re:
> How soon does it need to be ready?

Somewhere between 1 and 2 months from now.

Why the wait?

We are in the process of generating a survey to send to the CONDUIT users
to see who out there is eager for the 0.25 degree GFS data to be added
to the datastream.  We are also in conversations will the top level IDD
relays for CONDUIT (you, Penn State, UWisconsin AOS, TexasA&M, and us)
to see if/when they will be ready to relay the higher volumes that will
be seen when the 0.25 degree data is added.  It is possible (likely?)
that only a couple of the top level relays will be ready for the higher
data volumes in the short time frame (you and us).  If this really is
the case, we will need to judge whether to begin the distribution with the
subset of relays that are ready.

Ticket ID: ZDP-578360
Department: Support CONDUIT