[CONDUIT #RFO-442890]: GFS upgrade

Hi Carissa,

re: NOAA firewall blocking LDM access to 140.90.101.93
> Our folks have looked all over, they see all the rules in place as
> expected.

As far as I can tell, one of the firewalls that was allowing access
from Unidata machines to 140.90.101.93 yesterday got reconfigured
to block the access.  I say this because neither of the machine that
could successfully do a 'notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h 140.90.101.93'
yesterday can contact the machine today (the Unidata machines I am
referring to are lead.unidata.ucar.edu and atm.ucar.edu).

re:
> We are getting short staffed here and might have to pick this up
> on Monday. If you have any other machines that work there should be rules
> in place for about 10 of your machines.

I just tried running 'notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h 140.90.101.93'
from the following Unidata-controlled machines, and none of them
can get through the NOAA firewall:

lead.unidata.ucar.edu    <- this worked yesterday
atm.ucar.edu             <- this worked yesterday
motherlode.ucar.edu      <- this did not work yesterday
oliver.unidata.ucar.edu               "
emo.unidata.ucar.edu                  "
agg1.unidata.ucar.edu                 "
gale.unidata.ucar.edu    <- first time trying this machine for this test
idd.ssec.wisc.edu        <- first time trying this machine for this test
daffy.unidata.ucar.edu   <- first time trying this machine for this test
                            this is the machine that feeds operationally
                            from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov and ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov
                            NB: REQUESTs from daffy to these CONDUIT relays
                            are still working correctly

Can you send us the list of the 10 machines that should be allowed that
you are referring to?

re:
> And we can actually keep this ldm out of the pool for as long as you need.
> And if we put the 0.25 in after live day that isn't a big deal.

Very good.

re:
> But as I've been saying, the filenames are changing on the 14th.

OK, but I am confused.  Please (re)tell me if the file name change
you are referring to is for the existing CONDUIT products, or for
the 0.25 deg products.

If it would help, I can be reached at 303.258.0906 for the next
half hour (until 11:30 MST).

Ticket ID: RFO-442890
Department: Support CONDUIT