[CONDUIT #WGH-452695]: LDM/PQACT incantation for CONDUIT 0.5deg GFS

> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> Does this mean the files from LDM do not require "stitching" together?
> (that is, no concatenation needed?)
>
> -Donna

Donna,

The GFS 0.5 degree are on GRID #4, which is a single global grid. No tiles.

You can find out more about the various grids in use at:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html

The GFS grids in the HRS data stream called the quasi thinned grids
numbers 37-44 are 8 1.25 degree tiles that have to be stitched together for
a global data set. The CONDUIT grids are a higher temporal and spatial
resolution, with many more parameters than the HRS grids.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support