[Support #RRQ-230730]: Re: 20061018: Changes to CONDUIT data stream

Kevin,

I updated the web pages and noted the difference in the time field
for GRIB1 vs GRIB2, as well as the fhour being 2 or 3 digit
(as was noted previously) or "anl".You are correct that only the GRIB2
data lacks the inclusion of the grid number (eg #000).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> >CONDUIT recipients,
> >
> >At 18Z, the remaining CONDUIT files (NAM, RUC, and GFS) still being
> >inserted using the NWSTG naming convention will be transitioned to the
> >NCEP file names:
> >
> >http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/gfs_files.html
> >http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/ruc2_files.html
> >http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/nam_files.html
> >
> >As always, please contact address@hidden should
> >you have any problems with your receipt of these products,
> >
> >--
> >Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
> >Unidata
>
> Steve...
>
> Unfortunately, some of the documentation is wrong, in what could be a
> programming error somewhere.  This affects the GFS.  From the web page:
>
> ..!GRIB_version/ncep/model/#000/YYYYMMDDHHNNFfff/parm/level!
>
> This format is correct for the GRIB2 files.  It is not correct for grid #003.
> That format is:
>
> ..!GRIB_version/ncep/model/#000/YYYYMMDDHHNN/Ffff/parm/level!
> ^
>
> This inconsistency sounds like a coding typo.
>
> I can't speak for the other grids.  I have to extract the model hour in this
> location, as my software requires three digit hours.  For hours less than
> 100, other locations specify two digit hours.
>
> The "#000" only applies to the GRIB2 data.  It is "#003" for the grid 3.
>
> Kevin W. Thomas
> Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> University of Oklahoma
> Norman, Oklahoma
> Email:  address@hidden

Ticket ID: RRQ-230730