[CONDUIT #RPJ-541203]: 20km RUC data

Karen,

We completed the switch of the RUC/NAM/GFS products to the NCEP server yesterday
as mentioned on the CONDUIT email list. Check your request line in ldmd.conf and
your pqact.conf to ensure you are configured as shown in the second link below.

Note that the RUC 20km grids are also available in GRIB2 since August 9,
and additional forecast hours are available than previous NWSTG files.

The most recent request line I found for you was:
"MT\.ruc.*#252"

Request lines that would match the RUC 20km files for the NCEP files would be:
GRIB1--  "ruc2.*#252"
GRIB2--  "ruc2.*grib2"

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

CONDUIT recipients,

At 18Z, the remaining CONDUIT files (NAM, RUC, and GFS) still being
inserted using the NWSTG naming convention will be transitioned to the
NCEP file names:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/gfs_files.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/ruc2_files.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/nam_files.html

As always, please contact address@hidden should
you have any problems with your receipt of these products,

--
Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
Unidata

CONDUIT Users,

On August 9, additional data sets were added to the CONDUIT data stream
originating from the new top level LDM server which accesses data sets
using the ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov file naming. On September 27 and October
17, the remaining data sets on CONDUIT will be transitioned to the new LDM
server as described below. The migration of these data sets to the new server
provides additional redundancy in the hardware used to insert the
products, as well as relieving dependencies on the AFS file system.

On September 27, the ENSEMBLE data sets being delivered by CONDUIT will
transition from the tgftp.nws.noaa.gov files to the GRIB2 files found
under: ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs.YYYYMMDD/HH/pgrb2a/
The global ensembles currently comprise 10 members. In the near future,
NCEP will increase the number of members to 14, as well as provide additional
parameters. Sample LDM patterns for ensemble data can be found at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/ensemble_files.html#GRIB2

On October 17, the remaining NAM, RUC and GFS files already distributed
by CONDUIT will change origination to the NCEP file names.

Please send any questions you may have to
address@hidden.

> I have not received any of this data since ~12:30 yesterday.  I've
> restarted my LDM and I am able to ldmping thelma.ucar.edu from my server
> (dontpanic.nssl.noaa.gov).
>
> --
> Beware programmers who carry screwdrivers.

> address@hidden
>
> Phone:  405-325-6982
> Cell: 405-834-8559
> SAIC/Systems Analyst