[CONDUIT #CII-354873]: CONDUIT GFS data stopped

Jeff,

We completed the switch of the RUC/NAM/GFS products to the NCEP server yesterday
as mentioned on the CONDUIT email list. All products on CONDUIT now follow
the ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov file directory names (the older system used the NWSTG
names
and the NWS AFS network).

You'll note that the total volume to CONDUIT has increased as we were able to
add the
extra forecast hours in the RUC and RUC GRIB2, as well as extend the GFS 0.5
degree
through 180 hours:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc1?CONDUIT+motherlode.ucar.edu+-b%2086400

I've attached the conduit email list messages below with the links for pqact
patterns.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

CONDUIT recipients,

At 18Z, the remaining CONDUIT files (NAM, RUC, and GFS) still being
inserted using the NWSTG naming convention will be transitioned to the
NCEP file names:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/gfs_files.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/ruc2_files.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/nam_files.html

As always, please contact address@hidden should
you have any problems with your receipt of these products,

--
Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
Unidata

CONDUIT Users,

On August 9, additional data sets were added to the CONDUIT data stream
originating from the new top level LDM server which accesses data sets
using the ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov file naming. On September 27 and October
17, the remaining data sets on CONDUIT will be transitioned to the new LDM
server as described below. The migration of these data sets to the new server
provides additional redundancy in the hardware used to insert the
products, as well as relieving dependencies on the AFS file system.

On September 27, the ENSEMBLE data sets being delivered by CONDUIT will
transition from the tgftp.nws.noaa.gov files to the GRIB2 files found
under: ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs.YYYYMMDD/HH/pgrb2a/
The global ensembles currently comprise 10 members. In the near future,
NCEP will increase the number of members to 14, as well as provide additional
parameters. Sample LDM patterns for ensemble data can be found at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/ensemble_files.html#GRIB2

On October 17, the remaining NAM, RUC and GFS files already distributed
by CONDUIT will change origination to the NCEP file names.

Please send any questions you may have to
address@hidden.

> Hi, we get a CONDUIT feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu, and are grabbing the
> GFS 1-degree GRIB1 data on the 003 grid. This worked until yesterday at
> 18Z, when the data stopped coming in. The CONDUIT feed itself seems fine,
> but we are not seeing the GFS files that match our pqact.conf entry coming
> in:
>
> CONDUIT
> ^/afs/.nwstg.nws.noaa.gov/ftp/SL.us008001/ST.opnl/MT.gfs_CY.(..)/RD.(........)/PT.grid_DF.gr1/(.*)
> !(.*)!
> FILE    data/HDS/GFS/\2\1/\3
>
> I am seeing files like this coming in though:
>
> data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2006101918/gfs.t18z.pgrbf78
> !grib/ncep/GFS/#003/200610191800/F078/UGRD/600_mb! 000168
>
> has there been a naming change that I need to account for, and I need to
> change pqact.conf to handle this new file naming scheme?
>
> thanks, Jeff
> Jeff Masters (address@hidden)                               (  )
> Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
> The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
> 300 N. Fifth Ave #240                      /  \/    \/  \ /\  /  \    ------
> Ann Arbor, MI 48104                 ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
> 734-994-8824                                   Weather Underground      \`\`\
> http://www.wunderground.com

Ticket ID: CII-354873
Department: Support CONDUIT