[AWIPS #UHN-963499]: Unable to connect to cloud EDEX on MacOS (CAVE 20.3.2-2)

Hi there,

> I am trying to connect to EDEX from the cloud (edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu)
> and I am running
> MacOS Sonoma (M1Pro) and the CAVE version is 20.3.2-2. I have attached the
> error message I
> receive when clicking on the validate button or start button. I haven’t been
> able to get past
> this step into the main UI yet. I have tried reinstalling the application,
> looking at forums
> /troubleshooting and applying their potential solutions and none have been
> successful. It does
> seem to be straightforward based on the installation instructions to just
> type in the cloud
> EDEX server after opening the application and it validate and start, but if
> there are any
> potential steps I may have missed or any additional software I might need for
> it to run and
> connect please let me know.
>
> Thank you!

We are currently experiencing an unexpected, extended outage from our cloud
provider where we
host our EDEX servers. If you had been to our website, you should have seen the
banner at the
top of each page (see attached).

Please join our mailing list (awips2-users) where we have been sending
important EDEX updates:

Currently, we are waiting on our cloud provider to resolve the known issues
with their systems.
Once they do so, we will start up our EDEX servers and notify our users (via
the mailing list)
as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We are just as frustrated as you may be.
Thank you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: UHN-963499
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.