[AWIPS #FTR-399958]: AWIPS Problem Report -- EDEX Connection

Hi there,

Thank you for using our reporting form. We received your submission.

Installation: CAVE - Direct Windows
Version: v20.3.2-2
Specific Menu or Resource: EDEX server option on initial startup
startup is made the
> phrase "unable to post request to server" is seen in the "status" section.
> When attempting to
> use the localhost option, the phrase "Connect to localhost:9581
> [localhost/127.0.0.1,
> localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] failed: Connection refused: connect" is shown in
> the "status"
> section. When the "resolve EDEX IP" box is checked, the same phrase is shown
> as when the box
> is unchecked. The site MRX is set during each of these attempts.

Our public EDEX server is currently down because our cloud provider is trying
to resolve issues
from planned maintenance over the weekend.  Unfortunately, they did not
anticipate the
maintenance to cause these problems, and have been unable to resolve them as of
yet.  We will
bring our EDEX servers back online as soon as our cloud provider becomes
usable.  We will let
our users know important status updates through our mailing list
(awips2-users). If you haven't
joined already, please join now to be notified when the servers are back online: