[Support #HSQ-583405]: Unable to Post Request to Server

Hi there,

> I’m a meteorology student at SUNY Oswego. I’ve been given an assignment to
> make 4 maps
> using AWIPS II but have run into a problem. I’ve downloaded CAVE to my Mac
> following the
> instructions online but when I try to run the system I can never get past
> validating the
> server. I have the exact same information as online and that my classmates
> use but when
> I press validate I get the notification in the subject line and the error
> attached. I’ve
> tried multiple times and even restarted my laptop but nothing helps. Do you
> know what I
> can do you get past this problem?
> I eagerly await you help,

Unfortunately, our public EDEX servers are unavailable right now.  The cloud
provider we
host our servers on had some maintenance over the weekend and are still working
to resolve
several issues that came out of that work.  We are hoping they'll have the
issues resolved
soon, possibly by end of today.  Until then, we are unable to start up our EDEX
servers.

We have a banner posted on our website that you should have seen when you
downloaded CAVE
for your mac (see attached).

We recommend subscribing to our mailing list (awips2-users) where we will
notify our users
as soon as our EDEX server is back up and running:

We also suggest your professor or someone from the department also subscribe to
our mailing
list so they will be notified of any outages we experience.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: HSQ-583405
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.