[AWIPS #AKV-251431]: plotting roads using metpy or python-awips

Hey there,

> 1) U produces nothing, so, yes, need the state routes
> 2) Just looking to do this here in this particular area, and not more
> generally
>
> I ran with:
> intrste_request.addIdentifier('hwy_type2', 'U')
> ...and posted the error here:
>
> Thanks so much!

Okay thanks for that.
Also, the images you've been sending me, with CIC in them.  Those bounds seem
to be significantly
smaller than the original code snippet you sent of:

coords2 = [(-125.1, 43.40),(-115.6,43.40),(-125.1,38.50),(-115.6,38.50)]

Do you know what the bounds of the image you're producing are?
Are you updating the maps request to use the actual bounds you're using to
create the image (this
might significantly increase the time to return more roads)?

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AKV-251431
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.