[AWIPS #AKV-251431]: plotting roads using metpy or python-awips

Hi there,

> Ah...I see, I think you are correct. Here is with no filter:
> http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/test/all-routes.png
> So, yes, a bit too many roads there and takes a long time to process.
> Thanks so much for digging into this!

There *may* be one more thing we could attempt to improve the situation. Two
quick questions:

1.) Have you tried using the "U" flag for the filter?  Does that produce a good
density of
roads, or do you specifically want the state routes?
2.) Are you often doing this for more than just this geographic area?

If you are set on using state routes, and you're not doing this for other
areas, could you
change this line:

intrste_request.addIdentifier('hwy_type', 'U')

to:

intrste_request.addIdentifier('hwy_type2', 'U')

Which will purposely cause it to fail, and then send me the exact error output,
so I can look
into one more option?

Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AKV-251431
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.