[AWIPS #YZW-161238]: Unable to connect to EDEX

Hi there,

> Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to install the new version and
> point it to the
> new location.

Glad you were able to upgrade and run CAVE.

> I am in Alaska and there is only a limited amount of data available for us;
> the only model
> covering the whole state is the GFS 1 degree global. Are there plans to make
> more model
> data for OCONUS areas available with future releases?

We primarily focus on CONUS data reach the majority of our users.  Did you have
a specific
dataset or model in mind?
We do have other Alaska data that I want to make sure you're aware of (GOES,
MRMS, upper air
data, NEXRAD radar).

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YZW-161238
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.