[AWIPS #YZW-161238]: Unable to connect to EDEX

Hi there,

> I have been using AWIPS CAVE on my home computer without issue for several
> months. Today I am
> getting an error that it cannot connect to the EDEX server:
> [image: image.png]
>
> Based on this website, it looks like I am using the correct address for the
> server:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-unidata-awips-202

Last week we released a whole new version of AWIPS (20.3.2-1) and updated our
public EDEX with this
latest build. Previous versions of CAVE are not compatible with this new
release, so we recommend
updating CAVE. Information about our release and install instructions can be
found in our latest blog:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-unidata-awips-203

> Is this a temporary outage or do I need to point to a different server?
>
> If it helps, I am using a Mac and running OS 14.0.
> [image: image.png]

The version of CAVE you have installed can now point directly to
edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu, but I
would still recommend installing the latest version of CAVE.
The previous url, edex-beta.unidata.ucar.edu does not point to an EDEX server
anymore.

To stay up to date with our latest changes, We recommend subscribing to our
awips-users mailing list
where we send out information about new releases, blogs, and outages. You can
subscribe here:

Let me know if this helps?
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YZW-161238
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.