[AWIPS #NKZ-238833]: missing procedures and custom points

Hey Jim,

> Glad to see you're still here. You helped me a lot about a year ago.

Yes, of course!  Happy to help.

> I'm running v18 with direct install windows. I have three questions

I think you've already successfully installed v20, but I'll answer the
questions from your
first email first.

> 1. What and how to remove stuff that is not needed from v18?

Everything gets removed from your machine if you search for "add remove
programs" in your
Windows search bar and remove CAVE from your machine. Then you should be able
to install the
new version of CAVE with no issues.

> 2. After installing v20 direct windows will the maps that I have saved on my
> machine for
> v18 work on v20 or do I have to recreate them? I tried the virtual machine
> but the high
> definition monitor did not play well with everything and only the direct v18
> worked well.
> Still have not got python to work but getting along without it.

These we may or may not be able to restore.  If you give us the following
information we can
look into transferring your saved files from v18 EDEX to our new v20 EDEX.
- the computer name
- your username
on the computer you run CAVE from.

> 3. Is there anything else I need to know?

This version of CAVE has Python all packaged with the installer, so you no
longer need to
change any of your environment variables.  In fact, to avoid issues, we
recommend you go and
remove the PYTHONPATH PYTHONHOME and JAVA HOME variables if you had previous
set them.

> 2 replay email as further data is learned
> I installed v20 but can not get the map to go full screen. see attached
> screenshot. I do
> not remember how I did it vor v18 but it was working well.

For this problem, you have to change the High DPI settings on the CAVE
executable.  Please
follow the instructions outlined here and let me know if that fixes the issue:
https://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#cave-map-display-in-lower-left-quadrant-windows

Please let me know if that helps.
Thanks!
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: NKZ-238833
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.