[AWIPS #OMT-688042]: GFE Not working

Hi there,

> Hello, I'm using the windows version of awips, and recently installed the
> latest version that
> y'all released today. Everytime I click on the GFE in the perspecive tab, it
> brings up the GFE
> pop-up window and i click "OK". After i click ok, my AWIPS totally freezes up
> for about 5
> minutes, and then my cursor will bring up the spinning circle and will keep
> doing that and not
> load anything. It won't let me click on anything. I need some help getting
> the GFE to work.
> Please help! Thank you!

Thank you for installing our latest version of awips!  Thank you for pointing
out the issue with
GFE.  It does appear to be having issues with the Windows version of CAVE.  It
is supported on
our the VM option for Windows:
https://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#method-2-linux-virtual-machine

Can you try downloading and installing the Virtual Machine, and then running
the GFE from there?
Sorry for the trouble.
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: OMT-688042
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.