[AWIPS #VIR-670977]: Unable to plot Ageostrophic winds

> I want to add some more info to the plotting problem we are having.  We had
> our students bring their own laptops to class and install Cave on them. They
> had a mix of Windows and Mac laptops.  Out of the 20 or so students, only one
> was able to plot the Ageostrophic wind.  Unfortunately, I don't have the
> specs on his laptop, or of the other students.  The one that worked was
> Windows and was relatively new.  The weird thing is that all of them were
> able plot the Geostrophic wind, which uses the same barb/arrow plots as the
> ageostrophic wind.  Why would that be?  There were no errors on Alertview for
> anyone.  All the students were using edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu as the
> server.  We get the same results using our own Edex server.

Hmm, this is really interesting. We are looking into a bit more on our end, I'm
wondering if it's a network issue or still a graphics card/driver. We are able
to plot Ageostrophic Winds with no issue on multiple macs, windows, VM's, and
centos machines :/

What specific model/height are you trying to plot for the ageostrophic winds?
I'm assuming you are loading this from the Volume Browser? Have you noticed any
other product that doesn't load?

On one of the centos7 machines can you tar up the ~/caveData/logs and send them
to us?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: VIR-670977
Department: Support AWIPS