[AWIPS #VIR-670977]: Unable to plot Ageostrophic winds

Hi there,

> We are having a problem with plotting the ageostrophic winds on our newer
> workstations.
> When we try to plot, the arrow/barbs do not display, and no error messages
> pop up. We can
> plot the geostrophic winds though which uses the barb/arrow plots. On older
> workstations,
> and pulling data from the same EDEX server, the ageostrophic winds plot fine.
> The new workstations are:
>
> Dell Optiplex 7480 AIO
> 32 GB RAM
> Intel I9 CPU
> NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650
>
> All drivers fully updated. We see the same problem in Centos 7 and Windows 10.
>
> Ideas?

This does seem like a strange issue.  We have a few questions to start of with.
- What version of CAVE are you using?
- Can you open the AlertView (CAVE menu > AlertView) and then try to access the
data
and see if it prints out any errors?
- What graphics drivers are on the machines?

Thanks.
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: VIR-670977
Department: Support AWIPS