Re: RH Linux 7.x and VisAD/Java3D

Ricardo Mantilla wrote:
> Hi Doug,
> I am running into a similar kind of problem with my Java3D.  Although
> my X server does't crash it crashes the JVM.

What version of Java3D are you using? I get a lot of JVM crashes with
anything earlier 1.3beta1.

> Could you be more specific on the configuration you are using.  I'd
> like to know the results of running these comands on your machine

I don't have access to my home box right now but we do have a RedHat box
here with the following:

>  XFree86 -version

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.9-13smp i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

> rpm -q NVIDIA_kernel

> rpm -q NVIDIA_GLX

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |