RH Linux 7.x and VisAD/Java3D

Is anyone out there succesfully running VisAD and/or Java3D on RedHat Linux 7.x? (ie. without your X server crashing upon exiting a java3D app - including VisAD) If you are, could you please let me know:

1)  What version of XFree86 you are running
2)  What type of video card you have
3)  Whether you are running the Java3d for Linux from Blackdown.org or not
4)  Anything you know about the Mesa patch you may be using

If you could let me know as many of these as possible (offline) i would greatly appreciate it! Chris Burghart has done so by building his own XFree86, but i'm not that whippy.

Thanks again!

-kevin.

|Kevin L. Manross                               Dept. of Atmos. Sciences|
|  Grad T.A.                                        Texas Tech Univ.    |
|  (KD5MYD)                                http://www.atmo.ttu.edu/kevin|
|"In this house we obey the laws of THERMODYNAMICS!"  -Homer Simpson    |