Re: your mail

  • To: billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: your mail
  • From: d-nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by webemail.it.northwestern.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA03591; Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:37:41 -0600 (CST)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:37:41 -0600 (CST)
Bill, Matthias,

Thanks for both of your suggestions. I have tried those and it seems like I
cannot affect the transparency of these particles.

I have tried creating a table with the ColorAlphaControl. I have also tried
using constantMaps. I have tried using the LabeledColorWidget but I do not see
a line for transparency. Nor did I see one when I ran Test20 as suggested.

I'm pretty sure it is not a problem with my system configuration since example
P4_06 from Ugo's tutorial seems to work fine.

I have attached some files below if anyone could possible look at these. I
would appreciate any feedback.

particle_temperature_32.dat is a data file.
readdata.java prints out point coordinate and values from data files. Run it by
calling java readdata 32 particle_temperature_32.dat.
partplot.java is the program I am trying to get working. Run it by calling java
partplot 32 particle_temperature_32.dat

Thanks for any help,
-dave