Re: your mail

Hi Dave, and thanks Mathias for pointing out the MathTypes,

With a MathType of (index -> (x, y, z, value)) your data
are displayed as discrete points, and transparency does
not apply to point displays (this is a property of Java3D).

Transparency only works for surfaces (trianlges or quads),
not for points or lines.

You may be able to reorganize your MathTypes.

Happy holidays,