Re: netxdf, xlf, os x (10.4.5) issue

Success!

I would like to report success and say many thank you's to all those
who responded to my request for help.

These people are:
Ed Hartnett
Dave Allured
Roy Mendelssohn
Fei Lui

Thank you so much for your insight.

The solution involved me looking at my "make test" output to see how
the netcdf_test.f90 test program in the f90 folder was able to
successfully execute.  Looking through my output I found this
statement.

/opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/xlf90 -o netcdf_test -qsuffix=f=f90:cpp=F90 
netcdf_test.f90 netcdf.o typeSizes.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a

I then copied netcdf_test.f90 over to my working directory and issued
this statement.

/opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/xlf90 -o netcdf_test -qsuffix=f=f90:cpp=F90 
netcdf_test.f90  /Users/ryanglover/usr/local/netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a

Which failed with messages about the modules.  I then modified it
slightly to this.

/opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/xlf90 -o netcdf_test -qsuffix=f=f90:cpp=F90 
netcdf_test.f90  /Users/ryanglover/usr/local/netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a
-I/Users/ryanglover/usr/local/netcdf/include

and it worked!

The next step was to sub out the netcdf_test.f90 for my own test
program.  When I did that, it worked again, meaning I have
successfully built my test program and the netcdf module in os 10.4.5.
QED.

I will be authoring a painstakingly detailed account of what I did to
get this working so that, hopefully, no one will have to go through
this (very specific problem) ever again.

Once again, thank you all so much for your help.

Ryan