Re: netxdf, xlf, os x (10.4.5) issue

Hello Roy,

I have been careful with the command names.  The interesting bit for
me is that command in the code is nf90_open (all lowercase) but the
undefined symbol name is ___netcdf_MOD_nf90_open .  That's three
leading underscores, one of which is the fault of nm and the other two
are prepended by xlf when it creates the module code.  (discussed here
 So it seems that xlf creates a wrapper function around the regular
netcdf functions.  If I address the wrapper directly, in my test
fortran program, by calling __netcdf_MOD_nf90_open, ld complains of an
undefined symbol named __netcdf_mod_nf90_open (notice the lowercase

Needless to say, neither of these approaches has solved the problem.

Thanks for the response,