netxdf, xlf, os x (10.4.5) issue

Hello,

I was hoping someone could offer some insight into a problem I am having.

I have downloaded netcdf-3.6.1 and installed it using a slight
modification to Craig Mattock's macosx-xlf.sh script.  After some
initial headaches netcdf seems to have installed itself correctly.
The problem occurs when I try to use the netcdf.mod file in a simple
test fortran program.  I call the netcdf function nf90_open and when
the code compiles /usr/bin/ld raises an undefined symbol error.  The
symbol it cannot find is named __netcdf_MOD_nf90_open.  I have
discovered that when xlf compiles modules it prepends the two
underscores, the name of the module and _MOD_ to all function calls.
I used nm to look into libnetcdf.a and the function is in there.  This
leaves me wondering what the problem is.  Does anyone have any
insight?

Please let me know if you need more information, I have been battling
this problem for a number of days and I am coming to my wits end.

Thank you for any assistance or attention you may pay to this problem.

Best regards,
Ryan Glover