From: galeon-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:galeon-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerry Creager
Sent: March 13, 2008 8:45 PM
To: Luis Bermudez
Cc: galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; <Simon.Cox@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

Part of the problem here is acceptance, as Andrew pointed out.  What
you're saying is that a domain scientist, who is being explicit in his
description of data collection, procedures, processes, and coverages now
has to conform to the manner another group has dictated.

An atmospheric or ocean scientist today, save a precious few will have
no idea of how to relate to a gazetteer or redefine their observation in
a earth realm unless it's consistent with their experience and training.

We're not out to retrain the world into geospatial data conformists,
but rather, to help the world interoperate.  Somehow, the intent seems
to get lost in this discussion.

gerry