Re: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

Actually I think the issue is that the domain scientists, quite reasonably, are
used to working with some domain-assumptions. For example, when you are an
atmospheric scientist talking to other atmospheric scientists, the subject of your
studies and observations is the atmosphere. Doesn't need to be stated explicitly,
or maybe is just inferred from the fact that elevation component of the location
is >0.

I'm comfortable with this. That's really why the SamplingFeature is useful. It
allows you to work with a feature that is primarily defined by its shape for
everyday purposes, without totally abandoning a rigorous model that recognises
the fact that there is a domain feature underneath, and it is really the domain
feature that has the properties.

To help with this, here's some "convenience" features, that you can use as the "feature of
interest" of an observation, of the "sampled feature" of a sampling-feature ;-)

<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/CGIFeatureRegister#Register_content>

______
Simon.Cox@xxxxxxxx  CSIRO Exploration & Mining
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102  AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (0)8 6436 8639  Cell: +61 (0) 403 302 672
Polycom PVX: 130.116.146.28
<http://www.csiro.au>