Re: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

Hi all:

Just a quick comment.  I think the idea of a "point feature" is misguided. The items
covered in the list of point feature types is better covered as an observation feature or
observation event.  The observation or observation collection then has geometric characteristics
such as where the observer was located, or where the observations are located.  I am generally
opposed to the idea of defining features by their geometry properties since this has the semantics
backwards.  No instrument can make "point measurements" - so the items are observations
first and these observations then have geometric properties (like location or estimated location).

Cheers
Ron